By Emilee White Editorial Director
Updated 8/3/23 9:45pm ET
Only 11 days left before the final leg of the Triple Crown, the Belmont Stakes, and even though there isn’t a horse in contention for the Triple Crown title, tensions are still high, both on the racecourse and behind the current. Here at Only Players, however, we take the edge off all the stress.
Whether you watching the Belmont Stakes in person, live from your local bar, or at home, don’t forget to be dressed to impress. As far as drinks go, the Belmont’s signature cocktail is the Belmont Jewel. Read along for the recipe and let us know your thoughts on the drink at [email protected].
*This recipe is from Creative Culinary. Visit the website here for recipe variations and more.
- Three (3) oz bourbon
- Four (4) oz lemonade
- Two (2) oz pomegranate juice
- Sparkling Water (optional)
- Lemon wheel or cheery for garnish
- Combine the bourbon, lemonade, and pomegranate juice in a cocktail shaker and fill it with ice. Then shake until the container is cold.
- Fill a low-ball glass with ice (or any glass), pour the mixture over, and top with sparkling water, if desired. Then stir.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel or cherry.
Photo credit: Creative Culinary